Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

6 August 2009 Cobblestones and the Canal









A funny thing happened on my way to cache along Lake Ontario. I never ran the query. I knew there was an earthcache from a friend at Wilson and a group of caches in Olcott. Imagine my surprise when I realized that they weren't in our software. With a big oops, I decided to explore a bit of Newfane and make my way back to Lockport. There are a number of buildings in this area that were built with cobblestones. There are a few really large churches. The one on this page is the First Baptist Church in Newfane. On the way back I stopped at the Lockport Nature Preserve to hunt the latest cache. It was a big mistake. I'm not a fan of micros. I intensely dislike micros in the woods. Hunting micros in the woods while being eaten alive by mosquitos isn't fun. The webelos bird box, complete with instructions, was a fun find on the walk. My last stop was a walk along the canal and a few shots near sunset.

No comments: