Pages

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

7 August 2009 A Return to Franklin Gulf



Every once in a while there is a chance to discover someplace where you have never been before.



Sometimes that someplace is along a path you have followed often.



Earlier this summer I had the opportunity to discover Franklin Gulf. It was rainy then and not very inviting, but it seemed to me like a special place.



This afternoon, I returned with sunshine and more time to spend.



I have driven near Franklin Gulf for years and never stopped to experience the peace of the multiple cascades, the quiet of the journey along the stream, or the simple views of nature.



I have been lucky this summer to have been introduced to two special places with the beauty of Zoar Valley and the wonders of Franklin Gulf.



No comments: