Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

6 December 2012 Surprise Phone Call

I've traveled for years for my career. It is second nature to me to be in a hotel room. I've always known there was a chance that some day I would get a phone call with bad news when I was far from home. This morning as I was pulling into the drive of our Columbia City facility, my cell rang. It was Ali at the hospital. I needed to be home.

It was a long 4 1/2 hour drive back to Ohio. By the time I arrived, Ali was doing better. Realizing we're mortals and our time here is short compared to the rest of the days of this earth doesn't make the shortening calendar any easier to accept. Thankfully her stay was short and even the hospital's complete lack of competence was not able to prevent her return home. There are times to just be thankful.

No comments: