Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

8 March 2015 Livin' on Tulsa Time

I was happy my second visit to Tulsa was going to be in warmer weather. I arrived to dry skies and 74 degrees. I needed to be in town for a Monday morning meeting and arrived early Sunday afternoon. Mohawk Park is conveniently located next to the airport and loaded with caches so my afternoon was happily spent on the trails. I enjoyed seeing my first armadillo in the wild, but was hoping for spring wildflowers n bloom. Almost five miles in the woods gave me hope for warmer weather and an eventual thaw in Ohio.

I left the main portion of the park about an hour before sunset to try finding a puzzle cache Ali had solved. I passed by the cache when I realized there were five or six newer Mustangs and Camaros getting ready for a little street racing with some of them parked at the pull-off for the cache. I was wondering why there were rubber burns all over that stretch of road. I had no idea street racing was still possible in this age of surveillance. I drove by and looked for a place to turn around. I eventually pulled off at Danny's Auto Salvage. Danny had a few pieces of old iron by the fence waiting for someone to save them for a restoration.

Check out Don Williams singing about Tulsa Time.

No comments: