Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2016

8 October 2015 69 Degrees

I was headed home from Fort Wayne and stopped for a few caches along the way. Donkeys from a neighboring farm came to visit while I was hunting a cache at the edge of a cemetery. I think it was the first visit from donkeys while caching.

I met Ali in Cuyahoga County so we could attend an event. It is rare for us to do weekday events far from home, but this one was in Cleveland Metroparks and the weather was amazing. After saying hello and visiting, we made our way to an ice cream stand near the park. It's one I visited occasionally as a teen with then new driving privileges.


It seemed appropriate and timely that Don Henley was on the radio as I left the parking lot.

Nobody on the road,
Nobody on the beach.
I feel it in the air,
The summer's out of reach.
Empty lake, empty streets,
The sun goes down alone.

No comments: