Pages

Friday, November 25, 2016

29 June Wintergarden Preserve

Wintergarden Preserve is part of the Bowling Green (Ohio) park system. It is a mix of woods and near-prarie open flatlands. It is a great place for me to stop on my return drives from Columbia City. This evening, I was also searching for a number of caches with space themes.

I've had little success with growing and keeping butterfly weed, but the plants appeared to thrive in the warmer weather of western Ohio and the open flat fields of the park. I wasn't successful with images of butterflies, but they were here and plentiful.

I was a little early for most of the summer wildflowers, but black-eyed susans were plentiful in the open field areas.

I was able to identify this dragonfly as a twelve-spotted skimmer.

No comments: