Pages

Tuesday, April 09, 2019

17 November 2018 Caching Richfield Alone

Ali was back east with family so I was solo for the day.  There was a geocaching event at Richfield Heritage Preserve.  I had fun meeting with friends before heading off to avenge a dnf at a very scenic waterfall.  The waterfall and cache earned a favorite, but even better was being at the cache when an old caching friend showed up.  We had met years ago when Ohio State Parks were hosting annual geocaching series.  At that time we were all relatively new to caching.  Now we are old-timers.  It was great to catch up and visit for a bit.  It was also fun to see someone still caching as it seems many of the cachers who were doing this when we started have moved on.



From the Preserve, I moved on to another local park with a community garden in the front.  We had visited here a number of years prior, so I remembered the garden area.  It's always interesting to see what gardeners do to ward off bunnies and deer.  I'm not sure any of them work, but it is fun to see the variety.  Someone likes to consume a beverage that comes in blue bottles.  I was surprised to hear how much noise the arrangement made with the wind rattling the bottles.



I didn't realize the trails here reached back so far from the parking.  I expected a quick visit, but instead was treated to a good woods walk.  I was also treated to about a half dozen juncos along a walk by a field.



No comments: