Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

17 December 2018 Return to Spokane Bluffs

I was back in town for work with an afternoon arrival.  I had a small window before the early sunsets of Spokane.  I decided to return for a quick walk at Spokane Bluffs. The steep trails of the top are more manageable in the lower elevations of the park.


Abandoned, wrecked cars are almost part of the landscape in Spokane parks.  This 62 Valiant met a harsh end.  It is a little weird that locals have decorated the back of the car with newer stickers.




Unlike other cars I have found in the Spokane parks, the Valiant's slant six motor is still present and near the car.


This park is a two-for one with a second old Chrysler product sitting nearby.  A white 65 Coronet sits flipped and slowly returning to the earth.




The walk was not all about visiting old, junk cars.  I managed to enjoy other sites and find a few caches.



No comments: