Pages

Monday, November 11, 2019

10 July 2019 Walking Huntington

I've visited most parks in the Fort Wayne area.  With the days still long, I decided to make an after-work drive to visit Huntington.  I dropped the geomobile and made my way on foot around the town.

The old City Building is about to be replaced by a mega city building.  There is a huge construction zone across the street.  The building will dwarf the old, but it will never have the character of the existing facility.


There's a number of interesting old buildings in the area.  The town has also closed a few streets to create pedestrian paths.  I'm not sure these will be successful in towns where winter wipes out many visitors desires to be on foot, but Huntington is certainly trying.



Besides enjoying my walk, I found the library geocache.


I also spotted a few benchmarks.


I enjoyed my visit to town, but I really prefer to be in parks.  Huntington Reservoir offered a chance to see wildflowers and water.



By the time I was hunting the last cache, it was obvious the rain would arrive before I returned to my hotel.


The fields were watered this evening as the rain clouds with the rainbow passed through.


When it arrived, the rain was intense.


In a few minutes the rain was gone.


No comments: