Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

30 March 2012 Homeward Bound

I stopped at Bond Lake for one last mini Jasmer cache before my journey home. I was a little cautious searching for this one since it is right at the edge of the Seneca Nation boundry.

Nick Charlaps in Hamburg, New York is one of the remaining Dairy Isle ice cream stands. They were all distinct for the huge ice cream cone the extends upward from the front of the building. Many of the cones have been topped or completely removed, but this one still stands tall. It is in the best shape of any I have seen.

As I was searching for the cache alongside a small fishing stream in Cattaraugus County, a storm was moving in. I made a few attempts to catch a image of the large lightning flashes, but that was futile. About ten minutes after this, I was drivng Ariel through a hail storm. Luckily she wasn't damaged.

No comments: