Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

8 February 2014 Walking on Water

We don't go out in the boat very often. At one time Mogadore was one of my favorite destinations. It is quite deep for a reservoir in spots and always had good bass fishing. There are multiple caches on the islands, but the payback for the effort is never enough for us to head out in good weather. Since the winter had been horrendously cold, there was a thick layer of ice. It was time for us to walk on frozen water.

Ali leads the way. Um, isn't that my jacket? ;-)

The first island looms ahead.

Life on an island!

These were the second and third islands we visited on our walk. We were getting farther and farther from the safety of the shore...

With our finds made, it was time for the journey back to shore. It is beautiful, but that doesn't make it warm.

I used to fish here. It's a long way down.

There are more caches on the ice that way, but I'm just happy to see shore.

I celebrated leaving the ice by making a snow angel.

It was fun, and I didn't fall through the ice, but I hope spring is here early.

No comments: