Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

3 April 2016 8 1/2 Years

It had been a long time since my last visit to Stiglmeier Park. I had great adventures here over a three year period. It was a place where deer would walk up as you were signing a cache. They would never get close, but were often watching. Then my career changed. My travel patterns changed. Stiglmeier slipped away. I was traveling on this Sunday, hoping for amazing spring weather, and looking for a park to visit for some serious walking. It was cold. It started raining... a lot. I found a few caches and decided to leave.

The park has changed a lot in 8 1/2 years. The slightly overgrown paths are now clearly marked. The wet areas are covered in boardwalks. Many of the paths are now gravel. For lack of a better term, it is a gentrified park.

No comments: