Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

11 February 2016 Waiting for the Red Eye

It was going home day. I finished my work with a couple hours of daylight remaining. With over five hours to my first flight, it was time to enjoy a few more caches. Since I was in downtown Spokane the question of where to begin was easy. I started with a return visit to Spokane Falls. The falls are quite attractive and were flowing fast this afternoon. I was also happy to spot two bufflehead working the current and diving for food.

Diving down

Natatorium Park is long gone from the location of the next cache, but I enjoyed seeing a late 50's Studebaker Hawk and a 1964 Rambler. These are both old enough to have been parked at the old amusement park before it closed.

The park looked wonderful with a rocket ship ride, a spider, a mouse, and a old wooden coaster.

My last stop was a return to Palisades Park. My last visit here was with Ali on a warm Sunday afternoon. This evening I was near sunset when I headed out. The lights of downtown were different and interesting while walking the trail with a snow-capped mountain in the distance was a peaceful journey.

No comments: