Pages

Monday, May 17, 2021

23 March 2021 Moebis Again

 After a year of no visits, it is great to be able to visit and walk the trails at Moebis Nature Preserve.  This evening I was here to also pass through th preserve to hunt a few geocaches in Sunny Lake Park.  My walk started at the pond with a male and female mallard pair swimming for the evening.  A red-wing blackbird was also at the water's edge hoping for a nesting mate.


Courting cardinals

In all my walks at Moebis, I hadn't noticed this remnent of an old tree stand for deer hunting.


When I found my last geocache, I was near this small wetland area.  Spring peepers in full peep are one of my favorite sounds.  It seems most years I am too busy for a chance to visit known peeper hot spots.  This evening I could hear them as I was signing the log and mad my way over to hear the chorus for a short time.



No comments: