Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

3 August 2008 Olive Branch Cemetery











I was on my way to Evansville and county hunting when I stopped for a cache called Oregonia TB Motel. I almost passed it by because the description said little, and it looked like I was trespassing. I had no idea there was an old cemetery at this location and was completely unprepared for what I saw. At one time this was a large cemetery with about 250 graves. Now there are about six still standing. For the most part the old flat headstones are stacked in piles at different locations while a number are just lying on the ground at the southern end of the cemetery. I'm not sure what happened to bring this cemetery to this state of disrepair, but it was sad. They cache page said someone is trying to put the cemetery back together. I hope so.

No comments: