Pages

Thursday, December 06, 2007

5 December 2007 Caching in the Rain










There's a great connection between lush vegetation and rain. So far, it has rained two of the three days I've been in Auckland. I went out this evening after work. I had a great time walking around even though I came back soaked. I also got to see my first parrot. :-) The rain this evening really seemed to bring out the birds. I hoped for a better shot of the black and white birds in the photo, but as I was getting closer another park visitor's german shepherd decided the birds were really interesting too.

Yes, it saw me first so there's no picture. I also found my first New Zealand benchmark. I had seen two covers for underground monuments, but didn't have the courage to lift the cover. This was a surface one on a rail over pass near the hotel.

No comments: