Pages

Sunday, December 15, 2013

25 July 2013 Lincoln Cemetery

It was one of those evenings when I am in a town for work and failing to find a cache at an interesting location. I was ready to finish off the night and return to the hotel when I made the decision to hunt a South Mountain Geo Trail cache. Most of my contact with the SMGT has been unremarkable caches in commercial locations. This cache was different It was hidden in Lincoln Cemetery which I had never visited. Lincoln Cemetery is unique in being a cemetery for deceased African Americans including twelve black veterans of the Civil War.

The light was starting to fade as I arrived, but the markers of the twelve veteran soldiers were clearly marked. I made the find and spend the rest of the time exploring the history. There was a very large stand of lillies along the edge of the cemetery.

No comments: